"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Monday, May 4, 2009

Brady's 1st T-Ball Game

Saturday, April 25th--Brady had his very first T-ball game today. He's on the Bullfrog Team and it's a team of 3-4 year-olds. As usual, he's taller than all his team-mates but gets along well with them all. His coach, Coach Anderson, is quite dedicated and seems to enjoy coaching these little balls of energy--I'm amazed by his patience! Nate went to the store and got Brady and Elise some mits, a T-ball stand, a bat and some balls to practice at home. Elise is playing on a different team, the Bees, and she has yet to have her first game.
It took a while for Brady to get use to hitting the ball but he does pretty well now, he's a lefty (Nate said it was not easy finding a left-handed mit!). Brady's coach places all the kids around the bases and when someone hits they all run for the ball and pounce on each other to get it. Once one of them get it they can't remember to throw it to 1st base so they stand there with a huge smile on their face. It's so funny! After a few more games, I'm sure they'll finally get the hang of it. In the meantime, it's quite entertaining! Todays game started at 10:30 am. I brought some light blankets because it seemed chilly outside. Once we got to the field it was FREEZING! We put Brady's jacket on underneath his team shirt. Elise, Nate and I bundled up as best we could as we watched.
We think Brady's team won but we weren't exactly sure anyone was keeping score. It was fun! We look forward to more games. Usually, there will be 2 games a week, one for Brady and one for Elise. That also means 2 practices a week. Elise practices on Tuesday nights and Brady on Thursday nights. I haven't minded it at all, it gives me a chance to read or do crossword puzzles and just enjoy being outside---except when I don't remember to bring a warm enough coat or heavy blanket and I end up freezing my toosh off!

No comments: