"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy 8th Father's Day, Nate!

Sunday, June 21--I can't believe we've been parents for 8 years! Wow! Nate's Father's Day started out with a delicious hot breakfast of eggs, sausage and toast. He and the kids wanted, very badly, to open presents but I insisted we all get ready for church first and then do so. Once we were all showered, dressed and looking fabulous Nate ran over to his gifts like a giddy child and opened them up. I'm surprised both kids let him open them on his own! First, he opened a new Wii game--it's a Six Flags amusement park game. The kids were over-joyed to find this game was a 4-player game and reminded Nate and I many times over! Next was a DVD with two of his favorite horror movies on it. Then a HUMONGOUS bag of cinnamon bears. His next present was a pineapple corer (kind of a weird gift but you have to know Nate to understand his love for fresh pineapple and what a pain in the toosh it is to cut a fresh pineapple!). And finally, Nate got a t-shirt with pics of Elise and Brady on the front in their baseball outfits. He seemed pretty happy with his Father's day haul!
So then off to church where he got a fun treat (you rock, Kerri!) from Relief Society, a paper tie and a card from the kids. Then we got home and I started getting dinner in the crock pot. Nate's Father's Day dinner choice--homemade beef stew. YUM! And later on we cut into a lemon/raspberry cake, which we, uh, just had to sample last night........just to make sure it was good and all. Boy, is it ever!
Nate you are the best dad I know! It's rare to see a dad so involved and genuinely interested in his children, without-a-doubt, you are. It is amazing to witness and be apart of! Elise and Brady know how much you love them and they absolutely adore you! I am truly blessed, more than I ever expected I deserved to be. I hope we've made your Father's Day very special! Love you TONS!
I'm SOOOO thankful for all the amazing dads that touch my life everyday, especially my dad and Nate's dad. We are blessed to have strong examples of how to live life worthy of all our Father in Heaven has to offer and bless us with. I'm thankful for a dad who reminds me to remember who I am and the precious gifts I've been entrusted with (my children). I'm thankful for Nate's dad who is the best example of what a bishop and patriarch should be. Both of these noble men are amazing priesthood holders and my awe and amazement never ends as I watch and witness their faith, trust and committment to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They KNOW families can be together forever and I know that's their goal for their families. Love you both!

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Happy Belated Fathers Day Nate!!!!!