"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Taking My Family to the Festival of Trees

Thursday, December 3rd--Today was the day I was, finally, almost 100% better after getting the flu on Tuesday. Nate and I took the kids to the Festival of Trees. He came straight from work and we met him there. It was horribly packed and trying to find a parking spot took quite a long time--even at 4:30 in the afternoon. We started at the gingerbread houses, so many creative ideas! Elise and Brady loved the ones that portrayed the house in the movie, "Up". The tree display we donated was quite close to the gingerbread houses so we went there next. The kids looked for a bit and seemed to love it. A few more aisles of trees were all they wanted to handle. They were getting pretty bored so Nate took them home and I finished looking around. There was a variety of different kinds of trees, some were quite elaborate and beautiful, others were plain and, um, not-so-beautiful. I was surprised to see so many trees still for sale. I wonder if the troubled economy contributed to that. I hope all of them sold. My SIL, Wendy purchased a beautiful tree with Beanie Babies all over it. I left and went to SuperTarget to get stocking stuffers (it's the place to go!). After that I stopped at Burger King to get some dinner. I regretted that decision as I got food poisoning and suffered for the next 4 days! UG!

No comments: