"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010--Make It the BEST!

Friday, January 1st-- New Year's Eve was a blast! We went over to our neighbors, the Carmon's, house for some delicious mexican food and yummy treats. The adults played hilarious games all night while the kids played games and watched movies. We did a white elephant gift exchange. Nate and I chose the gift we brought-a variety of flash lights. We managed to keep all but 2 kids awake through to midnight! It was such a wonderful evening and we were thankful to be able to spend it with good friends. By midnight we were all ready to ring in the New Year and then head home to bed!
This year we pray for a much better year than last. 2009 brought too much loss, too much heartache and more family drama than I ever want to deal with again. We had some great moments too, I'm thankful for all the wonderful places we were able to travel too, the motivation to finally get some weight off, amazing milestones with our kids. To say 2009 was bittersweet is accurate.
Our 2010 already has some exciting things to look forward to. Nate and I will celebrate 10 years of marriage in March. Wow, I am so blessed I have Nate. I'm happy to know that we've been through so much and still remain strong and madly in love with each other. We don't have definite plans yet (please let us go on that cruise to Alaska, Nate!!!) but whatever we do will be wonderful just knowing I'm with the love of my life.
Elise turns 8 this year. She will be baptized and she's so excited for that. We talk about it often. She will get to wear the baptismal outfit I wore when I was 8. I can't tell you how touching that is for me, 26 years later.
Brady will start Kindergarten this year. How we're going to handle that, I have no clue. It means teaching him how to test himself. I'm intensely nervous. We have to let this little guy be in charge of his own diabetes---at 5! I know other families have made it happen and I have to rely on them for support and peace of mind. I've got time, I know that. And deep, down inside, I know things will work out. I have to trust that the school system knows what they're doing too.
February I go in to figure out what's going on with my body. In 2008 I made the announcement that we would like to try and get pregnant. Well, we've been trying but nothing for almost 1 1/2 years. I don't even know if it's me yet. It could be something minor or something major but the simple fact that it's anything makes me scared. I pray for, possibly, some good news come February.
I will be working on weight loss again, starting in the next week or two (I've maintained the 25 pound loss for 4 months!). For someone who's never known what it's like to be "skinny" I'm hopin' 2010 is the year to finally find out. I'm finding the thought actually freaks me out a little. I hope to succeed and am thankful for all the support I've already received.
We have our annual Disneyland trip scheduled for mid-April. Brady has been begging to go to Sea World so we're going to try to include a day or two there. Since Lego-Land is close by we may do a day there as well. We're excited! The kids have started saving.
I pray for happiness and optimism this year. I hope everyone has an amazing 2010! Make it the best year ever---not just for you, but help make 2010 the best for others too! Give a little more, serve more, help out more--do whatever it takes. Be more in tune with those you love and those around you. Happy 2010!!!

2 comments:

Marissa said...

What a full and fun holiday season we have all had. Lots to look forward to in 2010. Thank you for all of your love and support through 2009.

Melanie said...

Happy New Year to you! I hope that 2010 is a great year for you and your family! Hopefully you will be able to get answers at the doctor...that is sooo frustrating!