
Friday, March 25th--So we discussed the details of this little shin dig well in advance to make sure everyone was on the same page. I told Elise invites come in pack of 8 so 8 is how many she could

invite. She had a tough time with this (she is quite a social girl!) so we made it, somewhat, easier by encouraging her to invite her friends in our neighborhood and then 2 others from her school class. She also wanted her cousin, Kayla, to come which made 8 total. Then to decide what's for dinner. Pizza sounded convenient but also bleh until Nate suggested baby pizzas, which he makes incredibly well. YUM! It would work out great because each of them could make their own and decide which toppings. Next, the theme. Elise, being obsessed with Zoobles, wanted Zoobles as a theme (these things are freakin' weird, I tell ya!). Yeah, well, no party favors or decorations in Zoobles themes so mom decided "Tangled" would work just as well. Lucky for me, she was thrilled about Tangled! Phew! Elise's party started around 5:00 and everyone showed up. Cousin

Kayla was brought by her Aunt Shauna. Shauna is a dear friend of mine. She stayed and helped out. Because of her blonde hair and adorable face, she "convinced" the girls she was Rapunzel and sh

e had just cut her hair. The girls had a blast talking to "Rapunzel" and was even asking for her autograph! LOL! The baby pizzas were a HUGE success and quite yummy too! While the girls waited for the pizzas to bake they munched on some of Elise's favorite veggie snacks: dill pickles, grape tomatos and carrots (gotta get some healthy stuff in tonight!).
After dinner we played pin the hair on Rapunzels head. Elise decided to make the game herself and did such a cute job on it. She taped some paper together and made a high tower with a bald Rapunzel looking out the window. Then made several long strips of blonde h

air for the girls to pin on Rapunzel. Such a creative girl, I tell ya! I found some Tangled prizes and gift bags for the girls so everyone went home with one.
The girls were still a little full from dinner so we opened presents next.

Elise got some fun gifts, including more Zoobles, from all her friends. She felt so special!
Finally, cake time! I asked Elise what kind of cake she wanted and she said yellow cake with chocolate frosting---my favorite too!
The Chocolate had that flavor (which they call "The Husband", love that! ha ha ha) and the vanilla one looked amazing too so I got a medium-sized chocolate and small vanilla. Both were heavenly! I couldn't find any Tangled cake toppers so I used Elise's little figurines she got for Christmas. They worked out perfectly! Elise made her wish then blew out the candles. The bonus was these cakes are so rich, there was plenty leftover....WAHOO!

After cake there was still time before the party was over so some of the girls played on the trampoline and others played in Elise's room. It was a great evening and not as chaotic as I thought it would be. We had a lot of

fun! Thanks Nate and Shauna for helping to make this party a success!
We know Elise loved her party!
No comments:
Post a Comment