
Friday, September 2nd--Just less than two weeks into the new school year and all the kids in 4th grade are doing the egg drop. I expected it to be in the Spring but no matter, we have been excited to work on this. I got a lot of tips from parents that have done this project with their older children. I sat Elise down and we brainstormed on what she should do. We found a box that is similar to the shape of a shoe box. She had a great time decorating it with colorful markers. While she was in school, I went to the craft store and bought a big

box of styrofoam peanuts. After school she and I filled the box halfway then put an egg in a ziploc bag, placed it in, then covered it and filled the rest of the box with the peanuts. Elise sealed it up and then it was time to test. Heck no, I didn't climb up on the roof! We tested it from the top of the stairs leading to the basement. I threw it really hard! Elise retrieved it and opened it up. No breakage! WAHOO! We tested it again and got the same results.
The big day is here! Two of the 4th grade teachers collected all the various containers and then went to the roof of the school where they tossed each of them down. There were cheering 4th graders everywhere! Some of the packaged eggs were just down-right hilarious. Others were quite creative and amazing. The results for Elise? Check it!:

Intact! No cracks, no nothing. Perfectly safe! WAHOO! She was very happy! It seems like the breakdown of kids whose eggs were broken and kids whose weren't, in her class, was about 50/50. So we will be keeping the peanuts and Brady will do the same one when it's his turn!

No comments:
Post a Comment