This isn't the typical family update. I recently added a music playlist to our family blog. It's at the bottom of the page and automatically plays when you come to our blog. I added songs that have many memory attachments to them. I'll keep adding more as I think of them. The first song I added is "Standing Right Next To Me" by Karla Bonoff. You can find her song on the "8 Seconds" soundtrack--starring Luke Perry. Not-so-great movie but amazing song. The music and words are just incredibly touching to me. Whenever I hear this song emotions come rushing back to the time Nate and I were dating and when we got married. We included this song on our
wedding video. It's so perfect for the video footage shot on that wonderful and crazy day. Every time I hear this song my heart starts pounding with excitement and that "choked-up" feeling. It's a really good feeling and I love that our special wedding day is what I'm reminded of. The only other thing I can compare this feeling to is when Nate is driving and he takes my hand in his and just holds on for a while. I don't know why I feel this way just when we're in the car and he's driving, since he holds my hand all the time. It amazes me I still feel this kind of joy simply because he holds my hand. The first time he did that was when we were dating. He had picked me up from the airport and was taking me to my sisters house. He was driving me in his Toyota Paseo (kind of a sporty car), he took my hand and held it in his. I remember feeling just an immense joy and happiness that this wonderful man loves ME and wants to be with ME. I don't know that I've ever told Nate this before. Maybe it's because I still want him to take my hand just because. Well now he'll know because he'll read this, but I'm okay with that. I know not all songs have wonderful memories attached to them but I know many songs that do and I'm so thankful for music for that very reason. I look forward to hearing many more songs and having many more wonderful memories associated with them.
Jane 23
5 months ago

1 comment:
All the songs on our blog have great memories or meaning, too.
I love that Karla Bonoff song and "8 Seconds" was a GREAT movie. :)
Post a Comment