"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Sunday, May 4, 2008

TOO FUNNY!!!


Tonight, Sunday, May 4th--We're getting ready for bedtime and part of our nightime ritual is scripture reading. Since this is a fairly new thing for our family (we started in January) we notice there is much trial and error in figuring out the best possible way to help the children gain an understanding of the scriptures. Tonight, as I was reading, I decided to break down each verse and explain to the children what that verse is saying. We read 1 Nephi chapter 13. This chapter talks about another book, the Bible, and mentions the "Lamb of God" who is the son of the eternal father. We asked Brady and Elise who they think the "Lamb of God" is and Brady spoke up and said, "OH!.......it's, uh, Jesus." The way he said it made us all laugh so much! Then we began talking more about Jesus and Elise said, "When I was 5, Jesus was born." Again, we laughed. We had to explain to both of them that Jesus was born 2008 years ago and he died but then he was resurrected and lives in heaven with Heavenly Father now. We also explained that someday, we'll get to see Jesus again. Brady, being the most hilarious, without even trying, 3 year old ever, said, "When I see Jesus again I will give him a.......high five!" We thought for sure he would say "hug" but no, he wants to give Jesus a high five! Too funny!!!

1 comment:

The French Family said...

That's wonderful Audra. I love music for that same reason - especially because I only have the talent to listen to music. Neither singing nor playing is my forte.