"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Friday, July 8, 2011

Beautiful Flowers

Friday, July 8th--The company Nate works for has always been so supportive and kind when it comes to our family. They've sent flowers, balloons and other fun stuff when both of our children were born. They sent flowers when I had surgery shortly after Elise was born. They sent Brady a bunch of HUGE balloons when he was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. Everything sent came with cards filled with beautiful sentiments. Wendy's passing was no exception. Today this gorgeous flower arrangement came. It was beyond touching to know they cared and the card that came with the flowers said it all. The roses are so fragrant, you can smell them across the room. They brighten what is such a sad time. I plan to dry some of the roses.
Today, Nate and I kept busy. He worked from home. I did a bunch of yard work and then came inside and cleaned the house. The kids played well together--an absolute blessing! We received much comfort and support from our dear neighbor friends and we appreciate it greatly. I also spent a huge chunk of the day receiving many phone calls from family and friends wanting to know what happened. It never got old answering another call. We have felt much love.

No comments: