
Friday, June 3rd--HOORAY! Another school year is done and over! Brady did very well in Kindergarten. I couldn't be any more happy with the way his first year in elementary school went. He had such an amazing teacher. Ms. Cindy Sorensen is, by far, one of the most incredible and devoted teachers I've ever met. WOW, she has a heart of gold! Each and every one of her students learned to love her greatly. I volunteered quite often in her class and could see that even disappointing her by having to "pull a card" would break the students hearts. Cindy and I have developed a wonderful friendship. She has found her knight in shining armor, Matt Anderson, and will be marrying him in the middle of July. I fixed her up with Nate's brother, Kip, in December. Things were looking pretty good, they had gone on several dates (I was secretly doing a happy dance every time I saw one of them!!!), but it was not meant to be. Cindy met Matt shortly after and it was fireworks! We're so happy for them!

Elise has a great year too! She finished 3rd grade

with high marks and more confidence in herself. She had two teachers this year, Mrs. Christine Mair and Mrs. Crystal Spencer. Mrs. Mair was her morning teacher and left when the students went to lunch then Mrs. Spencer came for the afternoon. The two make a great team and I think Elise benefited from that. Elise had Mrs. Mair in 1st grade so she, and I, were quite thrilled to find out she had her again. Both of Elise's teachers are very kind and have done a wonderful job. We will miss them as she heads up to 4th grade.
With Brady's special needs, we are able to request his teacher every year. We've asked for Mrs. Angie Simpson. She was Elise's 2nd grade teacher and was awesome! I spoke with her a few months ago and asked if she would be okay taking Brady's needs on. She

happily said "Yes!" I loved working with her when Elise was in her class and now I'll get to work with her again! It's a blessing knowing he'll be with a teacher we trust to care for him and be aware of his needs. He also has a great aid, which he'll have again for 1st grade. Pat is so on-the-ball caring for him and making sure he tests at a specific time. With 1st grade being full time, it makes me quite nervous and gives me anxiety to think a huge part of his care will be turned over to Pat and Mrs. Simpson. I have to have faith! I have to also realize my little guy is growing up and is starting to understand more and more how to manage the disease himself, with someone looking over his shoulder, just in case.
Let our summer begin! Lots of fun activities to look forward to!
No comments:
Post a Comment