"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Disneyland--Day 5 (Last Day!)

Friday, March 26th--As weird as it sounds, I was rather happy today was the last day. I think I've decided about 3 days of Disneyland is perfect. By day 5, my feet hurt like crazy, blisters and all. I was incredibly tired and just anxious to sleep in my own bed again. We still had fun though!
Back in Disneyland, we were first greeted by the Queen of Hearts and White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland (on a side note: there were so many people that had purchased and wore Mad Hatter hats from the recently released Alice In Wonderland, orange, fuzzy hair too!) We took some time to take pictures by Walt's statue and Sleeping Beauty's Castle.






















The kids had been wanting to ride Astro Oribitor all week so we finally went over and they rode it with grandpa and daddy.









Next, around the right side of Fantasyland. Elise wanted to stop by Snow White's wishing well. She thought it'd be funny to use her jacket and make it a "beard" so she could be like the other dwarfs.











We rode Alice in Wonderland then Elise knocked on White Rabbits door--aw, shucks, no answer.
Then to Storybook Canal Boats again. From there, Matterhorn and then we went back to Small World.




















We took advantage of our Fast Passes and headed to Indiana Jones. This time I got to sit at the wheel. Suh-weet! Such an awesome ride!
Off to Tomorrowland next. Autopia was first, then Space Mountain. I didn't go on either, instead I went to the Star Wars shop and got me a Captain EO shirt and Nate a hilarious Chewbacca shirt. I could have bought so many things in that store. So much of it was cool! I was good though. I met back up with everyone when Space Mountain was over. From there we headed to Buzz Lightyear.













Our day flew on by! Before we knew it, it was time to go back to the hotel. What a great trip! The weather was perfect, we all got along. Elise developed a cold the last day but other than that, we were all healthy. The drive home was the next day and was much less eventful, as far as traffic goes. Just as with our drive to Anaheim, we enjoyed chatting and playing games. It was a great drive home. I was so happy to see our house and sleep in my bed. Who knows when our next trip to Disneyland will be. There is a possibility of a trip in September, going with Nate's brother and his family, but we're not 100% yet. In the meantime we can look back on this trip with wonderful memories and souvenirs. Elise and Brady love their many pennies from the penny press machines, they each have books they are held in. Elise cherishes and loves her lanyard full of pins. And there are tons of pictures!

2 comments:

Nathan A said...

Great job on the blog sweetie. Best trip yet! Here's to many more...

Lindsay and Mike said...

Looks like you guys had a great five days! I disagree with you though about the time spent at Disneyland. I think you need to be there 5 days in order to do everything and not feel rushed. We've gone for just 3 days before & we felt like we were always hurrying to get somewhere in order to get everything done. When you go 5 days, you can relax and do things slowly without worrying.