Tuesday, March 16th to Saturday, 20th--Nate had a business trip to Versailles, France. He's been to France several times but never to Versailles. The company Nate works for is french-based. It's been a long time since he's had to fly to Europe and this trip couldn't have come at a more inconvenient time but, as usual, we made it work. Nate stayed at, what seemed to be, a fairly nice hotel only to get a teeny-tiny room with a bed smaller in width than a twin bed. Because of the many hours he worked and all, the small room ended up not bothering him. He'd come back to the room and crash hard. Nate's cell phone didn't work, he wasn't able to get international connection before he flew out. So we didn't get to talk to him the whole time. It was a bummer. Nate's flight home was a nightmare! His layover was in Chicago and they were experiencing bad weather so his flight home was delayed 2 1/2 hours. Originally, he was suppose to get home around midnight and we were leaving the next day to drive to Anaheim, CA. Due to the delays, he didn't get home till 3:30 am. And, me being the worry-wart I am, didn't sleep well till he was safe at home. So, needless to say, we woke up zombies the next morning (not a good way to start off a driving trip!)
Nate was able to have a day to tour Paris and parts of Versailles. He stopped at Notre Dam and shortly after dropped our camera and broke it. He was pretty upset about that and emailed me to tell me I'd have to buy a new camera for our Anaheim trip. Although it was a cost we could have done without, I had to admit to Nate how much I hated the newly-broken camera and happily purchased a new one, much cheaper than the old and performed much better than the old. Anyhoo, Nate also got pics of a palace-type building along the river in Paris and then the rest of the pics are near and around the Versailles Palace (he had a co-worker take pics). Maybe one of these days I'll finally get to come along! ; )


2 comments:
I've been to Versailles Palace before. I was 18 and totally didn't appreciate where I was or what I was experiencing. All I could do was think about how tired I was (hello jetlag) and miss my loser boyfriend. Sigh... Looks like he had a great time! Hope you can take a trip with him sometime!
We will be there with the boys for a couple of weeks in two months.
We can't wait- and week in Barcelona too!
Post a Comment