"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Elise's Class Fieldtrip

Wednesday, May 18th--I love going on fieldtrips with my kids. They are always so fun! Elise's class fieldtrip took us up to the Bingham Canyon Copper Mine. Holy moly it was snowing! There was so much fog we couldn't even see into the large pit. We spent some time in the visitors center where we watched a film and then looked around at all the many displays. I had a group of 4 girls I was in charge of, including Elise. The visitors center was small and we had some time to kill after we saw everything so, naturally, the girls wanted to go to the gift shop. Ay yi yi! The girls went crazy. Of course, Elise begged me to buy her something. Instead I got a few things for her cousin who lives in Hawaii, things I knew he would love. We were suppose to eat lunch close-by at a park but the weather was so awful--who would have thought, in the middle of May, we'd still need winter coats! We rode the bus back to the school and ate lunch in the classroom. Even with the crazy weather we had a great time!

No comments: