"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Brady turns 3!









Yes, Brady actually turned 3 on January 11th but I'm playing "catch-up" and I can't figure out how to change dates on this thing. We decided to return to Jungle Jim's Playhouse, in Midvale, for his birthday. He loved it so much last year and we knew he would again. The thing I absolutely love about this place the most is that we would spend as much to have a party at our house plus have to do the setting up and cleaning up. Instead we got pizza, drinks, ride passes, game tokens and some other fun things and I didn't have to lift a finger for much of anything--gotta love that! I recommend this place for anyone. The only downside is the pizza, it was a little on the cardboard-ish side and while the Souper Salad next store does carry-out, you can't bring any food into Jungle Jim's but birthday cake. If you're trying to eat healthy, this is not the place to go. All the adults were craving that delicious salad bar next door! Brady decided he wanted a Tonka truck birthday cake this year. He's really into cars and trucks lately and that's a good majority of what he got for presents too. His favorite gift came from his aunt Alishia. It's a Home Depot truck he can ride on and it comes with an adorable hard-hat plus plenty of buttons that make annoying sounds (she thought of me when she saw all the buttons and how I would "love" hearing all the obnoxious noises over and over again knowing we couldn't make it an outside toy for another 3 or 4 months!).

The men in our large group were pleasantly surprised to see Jazz player, Deron Williams, a few tables over enjoying a birthday party with some friends or family. He was there the whole time we were and none of them had the guts to go over and shake his hand. I think he would have appreciated that more than all of them staring him down every where he went, most of the time. It was adorable to see him enjoying some family time with his wife and cute little girl.

Brady had a great birthday--he is such a blessing to us. He endures so much with Type 1 Diabetes but he's strong and we know Heavenly Father watches over him. Below is some fun photos from Jungle Jim's.


No comments: