
Monday, August 18th--Our alarms clocks were set for

7:00 am but Elise was up at 6:00 am, unable to sleep because she was so excited. She and I quickly got dressed and ready to go and then we were off. I was happy to find that the school was kind of quiet. We chose to have Elise do "A Track", which starts at 8:00 am. There is also a "B Track", which starts a little after 9:00 am. With the two tracks it seems to break up the chaos, somewhat, and the large number of crowds. Elise and I went through the front entrance of Pony Express Elementary and, from there, I asked her to walk me to her classroom. I wanted to see if she remembered how to get to her classroom. It took her a minute but she found her way to room #103, Mrs. Mair's room. Mrs. Mair was in the room along with two of the students in Elise's class. We put Elise's backpack and lunchbox in her cubby and then I took a pic of her with Mrs. Mair. From there we went over to her desk and she sat down to begin a coloring page Mrs. Mair had prepared for all her students. I gave Elise a kiss and a hug then that's when the tears began to flow. No, not from Elise's eyes, she wanted me to

just go so she could start coloring. I had tears coming down my face and so I waved good-bye and quickly left. Once I got in the car I just let the tears come. Like I said in my last post, where has the time gone? I am baffled at how quickly life just flies on by. It makes me kind of sad but I'm also excited to see my children grow and learn and experience everything life has to offer them.
On Wednesday, Brady begins his first day of pre-school at Learning Dynamics in Saratoga Springs. Friday, we went in to meet with his teacher, Mrs. Peterson, and the director of the pre-school, to go over his diabetic needs. We were greatly comforted to find that two members of the staff, including the director, had gone to a class concerning Type 1 Diabetes and how to handle a child with the disease, in a pre-school/school setting. Mrs. Peterson's husband is a nurse and he has been going over some things she needs to be aware of, for Brady's sake. Brady will be attending pre-school every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 am to 11:00 am.
Today, right after I dropped off Elise, we went over to Learning Dynamics for an open house. Brady was happy to see Mrs. Peterson again and I was happy to see a familiar face in one of the moms bringing her daughter to be in the same class as Brady.
I picked Elise up from school and she said she had a great day. She got to see a lot of her Kindergarten friends at recess time. She loved eating her lunch in the cafeteria. She said she forgot to read my note but saved it to be read at home.
An hour after she got home I asked her if she was tired, considering she got up way too early

today. She said she wasn't tired but then I went to check on her and found her sound asleep. My sweet, little girl! What a great, exhausting, first day!
More to come on Wednesday when I have to be emotional all over again for Brady's first day of pre-school. Ay yi yi!
1 comment:
Cute post! I'm having a hard enough time with kindergarten...I don't even want to think about 1st grade! :)
Post a Comment