Friday, August 1st--Thursday was spent hangin' out with my friend, Donna and her daughter, Sydney (almost 2). We had a great time shopping at the local mall and catching up. Elise, Brady and Sydney loved playing together and touching plenty of things they weren't suppose to (do I detect a trend? ha ha). I was able to find some birthday presents for the many birthdays our family has in August.

Friday was the day I was looking forward to the most. It was the day I picked Nate up at the SeaTac airport. My sister, Alishia, said we could leave the kids with her and my parents and they'd take care of them so I could pick Nate up and then the two of us head to a baseball game in Seattle--the Seattle Mariners verses the Baltimore Orioles. She then made the date night even better by suggesting we get a hotel since the game and traveling across the

ferry would get us back to my parents house pretty late. HOOORAYY! Nate's plane was on time and we got to Safeco Field in plenty of time to get some dinner and hit the giftshop. We found small Mariners bats for the kids, purple for Elise and bluish-green for Brady. Nate got terrific seats along third base from E-Bay. We had a great time even though the Mariners lost and played horribly until the 9th inning. We left right before the 9th so we didn't get to witness the extra runs they made, most of the people at the game had left too. Nate and I were able to make it to the Seattle ferry terminal

before the crowds got too bad. As we waited, we went over to the pier and I told him some history about the Seattle highrises. The ferry ride was quite nice, just the two of us. With all the small, tired, grumpy children on the boat we found ourselves being thankful for the rare date nights we get, especially for this one. The ferry docked in Bremerton and we were on our way to a hotel, for the night. We stayed at the Silverdale Waterfront Hotel. It's a pretty nice hotel right along Dyes Inlet. The views are spectacular!
While we enjoyed the game, the rest of our family took Brady and Elise to Chuck E. Cheese for pizza, rides, games and prizes. They had a great time and won plenty of tickets for cool prizes. Nate and I felt so blessed to know that the kids, especially Brady, were in good hands.
We had a wonderful evening. I'm so glad we were able to go and all worked out for everyone to have a good time. The next morning we were back at my parents house and the kids were so happy to see Nate again after not seeing him for a week. I was happy to let him spend as much one-on-one time with them as he wanted! he he he
No comments:
Post a Comment