"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Amazing Discoveries!

Thursday, January 8th--I don't watch Oprah very often but I LOVE catching her "favorite things" or whatever she calls it every year. I missed it in 2008 but every other year has been so fun. I, too, discover "favorite things" during the year, yet FAR LESS expensive than hers. I've always wanted to do an "Audra's favorite yearly discoveries" as family Christmas gifts but found it a little too costly so I've decided, whenever I discover something amazing, I'm just going to post it on my blog and then it's up to whoever if they want to try it out or not. Some will be food but others will be things such as cleaning products, books, toys, good finds on my favorite websites and so on. I hope you all enjoy and end up feeling the same way I do about these "treasures". And PLEASE share with me your amazing finds!
So here's the first of the year: Costco's (Kirkland) Caramel Macadamia Clusters. WOWSERS, they are good! I'm feeling a little guilty that the first find of the year is a sweet, fattening treat but I couldn't help myself. They just looked so tempting sitting there with the hundreds of others on that wooden pallet! Luckily, they are rich and a few at a time is more than enough. If you've discovered these fabulous clusters than you know what I'm talkin' about! So incredibly good! I'm taking them over to a friends house tomorrow night and we're screening the old B-movie classic, "Xanadu" (love it!). If you're a fan of the flick, clusters and are in either the Eagles Gate ward or Mt. Airey ward, you're invited.......let me know!

No comments: