Thursday, January 15th--Alright, just as I promised a few posts ago, I'm going to share some great money-saving info I found out today. For those of you that have grocery stores where you earn gasoline discounts by purchasing groceries: I was at Smith's getting a few groceries and I was talking to the checker about the savings you can earn on their gasoline by buying groceries. Well, she filled me in on a little secret--if you already figured this out yourself then consider yourself pure genius! If you purchase $90.00 or more in groceries then you get a credit for $0.15 off per gallon at their gas station (pretty good savings and it all adds up!). So here's the tip: Purchase a Smith's (or whatever grocery store does this as well) gift card for $90.00 or more and you get the receipt with the instant savings on gasoline.........THEN you use the card for groceries and get the gasoline savings once again. SO, basically you get the $0.15 off per gallon twice only spending $90.00 instead of $180.00 (or more). Pretty cool, eh? I'm trying to decide if there's anything to feel guilty about using this method...........hmmmm.........not sure but it's still pretty cool, especially in these hard economic times when we're all trying to save money as much as possible. I hope this all makes sense and is helpful!
Jane 23
5 months ago

3 comments:
Good to know. Thanks for sharing.
That is a good idea!
I did that over the summer. Smiths was doing a sale for 10% off their gift cards ($300 card for 270, $1000 for 900, etc.) So, I bought several over the course of the sale...15 cents off everytime. Then, as I used them the gift cards, I racked up gas coupons as well. It worked really nicely with 4.00 a gallon gas!
Post a Comment