Saturday, January 31st--Okay, so it's the last day of January, 2009. I gotta admit, this year has started off totally crappy! Nathan and I fighting, the kids at each others necks, too many deaths, Nathan's job security possibly down the toilet, rear-ended, my shoulders and neck constantly hurting, I'm sure there's more but it's too depressing to think about! And why, I ask, why? What's ahead? I'm still trying to count my blessings, believe me, I truly am!
However, I am also blessed to have created and strengthened some friendships in women that I consider true bosom friends (I LOVE "Anne of Green Gables"!). We've been able to vent and joke and find laughter even in sorrow, it's been great and very much needed! Thanks, my fellow goddesses!
With Nate's job possibly ending soon (I'm praying SO hard it does not) we decided to do something that might seem a little crazy. We booked a trip to Disneyworld in April. We got some insanely incredible deals on flights and packages while we're there, we just couldn't resist. If Nate loses his job we know, in finding a new job, he probably will have to take a serious pay cut. One that won't allow for our yearly trips to our favorite places, at least for a while, so we're just going to go and hope all works out. We've never done something so crazy with our finances but we're confident that, with savings and investments, we'll be able to hold it together, should he lose his job.
I hope I'm being my typical self and just worrying over nothing but if January is any indication of how this year is going to be, wow..........I just don't want to even think about it. Obama you better kick this economy into gear......and fast!
Sorry if this seems like a pity party, it's not intended to be so. Just thought I'd update everyone on the Armstrong family. Here's wishing for an upbeat February! PLEASE!
Jane 23
5 months ago

2 comments:
"For you they'll be no crying. For you the sun will be shining. Cause I feel that when I'm with you, it's all right! I know it's alright!"
Cherrio you have songbird playing! What could possibly go wrong? And I will pray for you that Nate doesn't loose his job. Plus, if he does, Disneyworld will be something to cheer all of you up! It will be SO worth it!
WOW! You did have a crappy January! I'm sorry! I hope you have a fabulous trip. You totally deserve it!
Post a Comment