"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Utah State Fair

September 13th--Another year at the fair. It was wild this year! The weather was cloudy and towards the end we got stuck in a major rain storm with thunder and lightning nearby. I had bought a few small kid-sized umbrellas for Brady and Elise and ended up using one myself, which must have been quite a scene for everyone to see---a big woman using a teeny umbrella in a pathetic effort to not get my hair wet and messed up! ha ha ha
As usual, Nate took the kids on rides with my niece Samantha, and her friend while my sister, Alishia, her son, Jacob, and I walked around all the various booths and pavilions then to the penny pusher games. It's a great system! I tried a fried Snickers bar and it was, eh, okay. And, as always, the carnies were a huge hit, not to mention the people just attending the fair. Oy vey!

No comments: