"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Happy 35th Birthday Natey-pooh!

Thursday, August 19th--Nate decided to give himself a birthday present by taking a few days off this week. It's been wonderful, especially since it was our last full week before school starts. We fully intended on doing some fun activities today but, instead, the plumber had to come. The other day, I discovered the ceiling next to the downstairs bathroom was looking like something was wrong. I started poking at the ceiling and my hand went straight through. There was black mold all over. UG! It was gross! Our next door neighbor came over to assess the damage and discovered our upstairs master bathroom shower drain was leaking. Apparently, the home builder did a crappy job installing it (go figure!). The plumber came over and spent 4 hours here working on it. By the time he was finished the day was almost over so we stayed home the rest of the day. That crappy job installing the drain cost us over $600.00 (Thanks once again Centex Homes! When will this ever end?!?!).
I always make Nate his favorite meal for dinner. He picked home-made beef stew. Rather than store bought, he wanted me to make him a cake as well. He picked a yellow cake with vanilla frosting. Everything was delicious! For his birthday the kids and I got him a super soaking device, 2 gift cards from Best Buy and MLB.com, a huge bag of gummie bears, and 2 magazine subscriptions. He loves history so the subscriptions are Smithsonian and History. He received them the day after his birthday--perfect!
Other than the plumber and $600.00 literally down the drain, I think he had a great birthday. Love you so much Nate!

No comments: