"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Elise's First Day of 3rd Grade!

Wednesday, August 25th--Elise had a great first day of 3rd grade. Nate, Brady and I walked her to the back of the school today to find her other classmates and wait for her teacher to greet them. We're so happy Elise has the same teacher she had for 1st grade, Mrs. Mair. We loved Mrs. Mair during 1st grade so I'm confident we'll love her again. Mrs. Mair teaches the 1st half of the day and then after lunch another teacher, Mrs. Spencer, takes over. We met Mrs. Spencer at back-to-school night on Monday. She is very nice too. I didn't get a pic of Mrs. Spencer today because I forgot my camera at home when I went to pick Elise up from school. I'll post one of her when I get one.
Elise said her day went well and she got to know a few people in her class she didn't know before. She knows a few kids from our neighborhood/church and a few from prior grades. She was very sad her best friend, Adeline, was not in her class again but we know they can find each other during recess.
A week from today, Brady starts Kindergarten! He's really excited! We met with his teacher and the school nurse on Monday. It gave me a lot of peace of mind. Ms. Sorensen is his teacher. She was very concerned and wanted to know everything about Brady's diabetes. I know he'll be well taken care of.

No comments: