"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Saturday, October 30th--With October 31st falling on Sunday, we're so happy our community does Halloween on Saturday instead. The night before, we sent Elise and Brady to my sisters house for an over-nighter. They had a great time! She took them to the zoo on Saturday where they could trick or treat and see all the animals. Nate and I enjoyed some alone time. We went to lunch and then did some unintentional Christmas shopping--loved it! We got to my sisters house, packed the kids up and brought my niece, Samantha, along as well. She wanted to trick or treat in our neighborhood, plus show off her fancy new costume.
Our drive home was rainy. I kept praying we wouldn't have to deal with rain for trick or treating but we did get some. Luckily the downpour ended shortly before it all began--phew! Nate took the kids out while I stayed back to pass out candy. They stayed out for about an hour and got plenty of candy. We had our stock of big candy bars ready to go---well, the first few didn't get them because I was still getting them out but we also had a bowl of little candy. I bought the same amount we had last year, thinking it would be more than enough. Well.....it was too much! We had almost half of our candy left! I think people stayed inside this year due to the weather. Bummer! Growing up in Washington, we had plenty of rainy Halloween's and it didn't bother us a bit--we just brought umbrellas. Oh well, at least candy lasts a long time!
At the end of the night, Samantha and I realized we hadn't eaten dinner and we were hungry! So we ventured out to Iceberg to get some fattening food and a shake. Mmmmmmm! It was a great night, even with the not-so-great weather!

1 comment:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Everyone looks great! Glad you had a good Halloween!