"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Rock the Walk Awards & Recognition Night

Wednesday, November 10th--Tonight was an AWESOME night! We attended the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes Awards & Recognition Night. We had some great food and the awards portion was pretty great. I was hoping our team would win something.....we won 3! Our first award was for making it to the "Gold Level" in fundraising--we made $3,511.55. We were only 1 level away from the top honor of "Platinum Level" (next year!). The next award was the "Hit the Ground Running" trophy. This trophy was for making the most money out of all the new teams that registered this year. So awesome and so unexpected! And our last trophy was 2nd place for team t-shirt design. I had hoped on this one because so much of the JDRF staff commented on our shirts. There were two individual awards for myself and next years team co-captain, Mackenzie, for getting donations in the $500-$999 range. We received certificates for that. At the end, the JDRF staff showed us a video of moments captured during the actual walk. We could not believe how many times they had video taped members of our team! It was so awesome!
I am so proud of our team--I will say it over and over again. What an amazing experience this has been! I could not be more happy---other than if we could have made more money....but there is always next year! And the theme next year is "Safari to Cure Diabetes". Sounds like we could have some real fun with that theme!
Great job, again, Team A1C/DC! I couldn't have done it without all your help and support!