"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Where has the time gone?

Sunday, August 17th--Oh wow! My baby, my first born, is starting 1st grade tomorrow! I thought Kindergarten was rough for me......no, no, 1st grade has got me far more emotional. Elise will be in school full time now! She'll be responsible for eating lunch on her own and making sure she gets to and from recess. She'll be walking the halls with older children. Kindergarten was in the same building but they still seemed a little secluded. I know we'll all get through this and do beautifully. I know Elise will do well and all will be fine. This is just another milestone and I'm grateful for it but so incredibly nervous and anxious. More to come tomorrow as we drop Elise off for her first full day of school.......well, actually, Mondays are early release but it's only an hour earlier.
Call me cheesy, I dunno, but I packed Elise's first school lunch and then took a pic of it. I always heard about moms sending little notes with their kids lunches and so I did just that. Okay, I'm off to bed. Gotta get up early....blech!

1 comment:

The Knighton Fam said...

I remember when I was in about 2nd grade my mom had gone to visit family or something, but she had packed my lunch and put a note in it. It made me cry because I missed her, but I knew she loved me. These things are important! :)