"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday, Brady-bear!

Sunday, January 11th--My sweet Brady is 4 years old today. Wow! Time flies so fast, I can't believe it. Today he was sung to for the first time in Primary, he loved it so much!
Yesterday, we met up with my sister, Alishia and her kids, at Chuck E. Cheese. Brady and Elise had lots of fun playing games and earning tickets for silly, cheap prizes. We ate some pizza and dug into a small cake with Chuck E. Cheese on top. We had a great time and it more than made up for the stupid guy that rear-ended us on the way there (no damage to the car, just neck stiffness--blah!).
Tonight we had a party with Nate's family. Brady's dinner request was chicken and rice. His party theme of choice was Spongebob Squarepants. His....er, I mean Nates, cake request was a Costco cake (Nate LOVES the leftovers! he he) We ordered a white cake with cream cheese filling and chocolate frosting--Costco messed up and did chocolate cake, making it my favorite. Luckily, Brady ate it happily! He received some fun gifts: two Nerf guns, Spongebob coloring book, Buzz Lightyear art stuff, a Mickey Mouse sticker book, money, a Star Wars light saber (it's so cool, the light changes from green to red, depending on if you want to be a Jedi or Sith), a Crayola Glow Station, Crayola art supplies, and a Hot Wheels track (secretly I think Nate REALLY wanted this for himself but will enjoy playing with Brady). It was a great night for Brady! I got a migraine shortly before everyone got here so I just tried to make it as fun as possible for Brady without showing my painful grief--I hope everyone was able to have fun and just enjoy themselves without feeling sorry for me, I'll be okay (pain meds are finally kicking in at 10:00 pm).
**Brady, you are my sweet, crazy, manipulating, negotiating, cuddle-bug. You have brought so much joy to our family. You endure so much and amaze us with your strength. I can't imagine what you go through on a daily basis as we work to manage the diabetes. We pray for a cure constantly but, even without one, are confident of your ability to adjust and adapt to anything you want to do, including T-ball this year. You are smart, talented, imaginative and a good friend and student--both in pre-school and Primary (Sunbeams). We look forward to all that is in store for you this year and all the years to come. We love you so very, very much!
Love, mom, dad and Elise








4 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Happy b-day Brady!

Kate said...

Hey! Our blog address changed so go ahead and update your blog roll if you'd like! It's:

http://web.me.com/pease.pod/The_Pease_Pod/Blog/Blog.html

-Katie

Kate said...

...and do me a favor? Will you try and leave a comment to see if it works? My comments hadn't been working because I didn't know about the change. Thanks SO MUCH! Love ya!!!

Smith Family said...

wow, sorry I missed his bday, but looks like a fun one! Happy belated Bday Brady!