Tuesday, January 20th--I just finished watching the Inauguration of Barack Obama, 44th President of the United States of America. He is our new president............and I am proud of that, very proud. His speech brought me to tears many times over. My first thought was, "He gets it!" He wants to fix this messed-up nation and he places blame where it belongs, in everyone. If he can keep the many promises he made in his speech then I believe he may be one of the greatest presidents this nation has ever had. His task is huge, it will not be easy, even with hard work he may still fail, but I have faith in him.I did not have the privilege of voting, in November. I was irresponsible in checking to see if I had registered to vote. It turns out I had nevered registered when we moved back to Utah. I was upset at myself but very happy to find the one that I probably would have voted for won. I don't claim to be a democrat. I tend to lead towards republican but I don't consider myself a true republican. Maybe it's because of many life experiences, it's just hard to find myself loyal to one party. For some reason, I just didn't feel right about John McCain. I don't have all the reasons for my decision, I know President Obama has been involved with decisions that don't seem right and has angered many by them but I think he's the "tough guy" that can fix this nation. I think he's a good man and has earned honor and respect. I will support him and am anxious to see what he brings to his presidential term. I hope I don't have to eat my words!
Congratulations to our new president! May he be committed, determined, capable, strong and faithful. May he also be humble enough to listen to the American people and address our concerns.

3 comments:
I loved listening to several of the speeches he gave today. I also loved that throughout the day MANY prayers were said, publicly, by all. I think Obama can do AMAZINGT things, too.
He has a lot to prove because he made some pretty big promises. I'm not a fan of his, so we'll just have to see where this country goes.
I like what you said Audra. I've also been a supporter of his. I'm glad with may of the decisions he's made by appointing some good people and so I have big expectations. I think so far, I'm happy with him re-thinking emissions standards, and his environmental stance.
Post a Comment