"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Draper LDS Temple Open House

Friday, February 27th--Tonight we met up with my Aunt Maureen and her family to attend the Draper LDS Temple Open House. We got the kids all dressed up in their fancy duds (Brady got some new clothes because The Childrens Place was having some killer clearance items! I love him in "newsboy" hats!) and we set off to get there before our 8:00 pm time slot. The meeting place was at a nearby church and after an hour wait we caught a bus up to the temple and went in.
Inside the temple it was absolutely beautiful. There was ornate furniture and decor everywhere. This was our childrens first temple open house so they were able to just soak in all the wondrous things. They had their little pamphlets and would get excited every time we went into a room that had a picture of it in there. Their favorite room was the room with the baptismal font. That font looked so inviting, I think we all just wanted to jump in and enjoy the warmth and the bubbles! Nate and I enjoyed talking to Brady and Elise and explaining to them the different rooms and purposes. The Celestial Room was quite stunning and I loved the blue accents throughout the temple and within the stained glass windows.
On the way home we stopped at JCW's for some delicious shakes and spent the rest of the drive home talking about temples and answering other questions the kids had for us. We look forward to taking the kids to the Oquirrh LDS Temple Open House coming up soon as well. This is such an amazing oppurtunity and I'm glad we took and will take advantage of it. I realize how blessed we are to live in Utah and have so many temples to go to. Growing up near Seattle, there is only one and it's a hour and a 1/2 drive away so having 4 within a half hour of us is truly a blessing.

No comments: