"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy 9th Anniversary!

Tuesday, March 10th--Nine years ago, Nate and I spent the morning at the Salt Lake Temple being married for time and all eternity. I truly wish I could remember what the sealer said during our ceremony, all I remember is that he was very long-winded. I do remember kneeling at the alter, holding Nate's hand, looking at him, getting teary-eyed and thinking "Nothing will ever feel as right as the choice I made, this day, to marry this man." I still feel that way! All the decisions that have felt right since then have been made with Nate. We've built a life and family together. We've been through good times and bad with plenty of arguments and plenty of moments of pure joy. Here's wishing many more years of wedded "bliss" to come! I love the quote: "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!"
Saturday, March 14th--We just returned home from an amazing night, celebrating our anniversary. We dropped the kids off at my sister, Alishia's house where they spent the night. Then off to Desert Star Theater to watch "Home School Musical". I LOVE this theater and highly recommend it to anyone. They spoof popular movies and topics (the next one is "American Fork Idol"). We usually laugh like crazy as they incorporate jokes involving news headlines and stereotypical Mormon "tendancies" (there's usually a High Councilman joke! he he). We bought season tickets as our anniversary gift to each other. At the end of the show the actors will sing "Happy Birthday" to those celebrating birthdays and "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" to those who are celebrating anniversaries. After the "Sweetheart" song the couples are asked to stand up and kiss each other. There were 3 of us couples celebrating, the other two have been married for 6 and 8 years. Each of them kissed first and both were rather "whimpy" kisses, so, since we were the last to kiss, I decided to plant a big 'ol smooch on Nate and let everyone know that the couple who had been married the longest still had passion! LOL! We had fun!
Then off to Armstrong Mansion Bed & Breakfast in downtown Salt Lake. If you go to their website: http://www.armstrongmansion.com/ you will find a listing, pictures and virtual tours of each of the rooms. We chose the "April" room and it was pretty nice. We enjoyed staying there and no, we didn't get a discount for having the same last name nor do we think we're related to these Armstrongs.
While our big vacation is still 4 weeks away this little mini-vacay was a great way to re-charge our batteries, especially since both the kids have been little demons this week, worst of which was on our actual anniverary!
Once again, Nate, I love you with all my heart and look forward to many more years to come!
**PS: Brady took this photo! We took some of ourselves and, oddly enough, this one turned out the best. Way to go, Brady!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad you had a nice time at the spoof show. Sounds funny. Also, glad you enjoyed your stay at the mansion. Hope you kept the bedding somewhat clean.

Doney Days said...

Happy Anniversay!!!! Such a cute couple!

RJ said...

Happy anniversary! Did you know Ryan and I were married on March 9th? This was year number 13 for us. Keep it up, it just gets easier from here. :)