"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy 7th Birthday, Lady-Lou Princess Pooh!

Tuesday, March 24th--That's my nickname for Elise. She thinks I'm silly for all the nicknames I come up with but it's my way of maintaining my special bond with my kids, among many other things. Anyhoo, Elise turns 7 today. This has been a special birthday as we have discussed this coming year and her preparation to be baptized. She's excited and seems to understand so much already. I am just waiting anxiously for that moment when she puts on the baptismal outfit I wore for my special day, many years ago. For now, we'll enjoy her 7th year and all the wonderful things in store.
We celebrated Elise's birthday on Saturday, the 21st. Nate and I did a BBQ and most of his family was able to attend. My sister, Alishia, called right before to let me know she wouldn't be able to attend due to a migraine. It was a great night. Fun to visit with family, as always. Elise received some fun gifts, including a hula hoop. We didn't know she had such talent with a hula hoop but we're finding she's a total pro! Other people had fun trying to hula hoop as well, we caught our newly-turned 15 year-old nephew, Cameron, giving it a shot. Rather funny, I must say!
Sunday night we went up to Salt Lake to visit my grandma in a care facility. Her health has gone down hill even more so and, by the looks of her Sunday night, I sadly say I don't think she'll be with us much longer. Even so, I enjoyed my visit with her and was so thankful to spend time with her. Before going to see "grams" we went over to Alishia's house and she cooked a wonderful dinner--Nate's favorite, calzones. Alishia and her family gave Elise a "Hello Kitty" backpack full of fun goodies.
Today was just making the best of her birthday while also tending our niece and nephew. We had a great day but I'm glad we were able to celebrate this weekend. Nate brought home "Pie Pizza" and a small cake so we lit up candles again and Elise loved blowing them out and making another wish.
*Elise, you are so special to me. My first born and I can't help but love that my first child was/is a girl. We've enjoyed some wonderful times together and I look forward to so many countless more. You bring so much happiness and joy to our lives. You are witty, funny, incredibly smart and hilariously entertaining! I love you so much and look forward to all this year will bring for you.
Love always and forever, Mom.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Once I realized we had "booked" you on Elise's birthday I felt terrible. I hope it didn't ruin a special day. My kids sure enjoyed themselves and talk about all of you constantly. Xander even says Brady is his new best friend.

Happy Birthday sweet girl!!!!