"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Welcome to the Family Baby Eliza!

Monday, April 20th--Tonight we went over to Bret & Marissa's house to see their newest child, Eliza Karen (she's the one waving "hi!" at the left). Eliza was born on March 31st, premature. She was in the NICU for a little over a week. She came home the day before we left for Disneyworld so the kids hadn't seen her yet. Nate and I were able to see her in the NICU. She's doing great and the family is adjusting to their newest little one. Another great blessing is that Marissa's gestational diabetes was gone right after she delivered. Hooray! This makes the 10th grandchild for the Armstrong family--5 boys, 5 girls. Eliza is a cutie and we're glad she's here and doing so well! I sure enjoy holding newborns, they're so cuddly! I noticed Nate was enjoying it too. Maybe someday soon we'll be able to announce the upcoming arrival of a baby.

1 comment: