
Sunday, April 5th--We "called" the Easter Bunny and asked that he/she come a week early since we'll be on vacation next week. The kids woke up this morning and found their hidden treat-filled baskets. They were pretty happy, even though the Easter Bunny made a mistake in picking out some of the treats that Elise couldn't eat due to her braces. Oops! I

took an article in the April "Ensign" to heart. It basically said to try and "spititualize" our kids Easter baskets. I found a pocket-sized Childrens Songbook for Elise and got some CTR rings. I also found a pocket-sized hymn book for Nate to put in his scripture bag. Elise has loved looking at her mini songbook all day. She even commented on how fun it will be to learn to play the piano so she can read the notes in her songbook.

Usually I take pictures of the kids in their Easter outfits as well. Because we'll be in Disneyworld on Easter day, we decided not to buy Easter outfits this year. Elise's Aunt Jenny bought her an adorable summer dress for her birthday and I will be taking pics of her in it soon

and we'll call it good. Brady's got some cute summer outfits too that I can dress him in. When we planned the dates for our vacation we failed to check the calendar for when Easter would be. I'm kind of sad we won't have the traditional Easter festivities on that day but we'll do our best to think of the Atonement of Christ, His resurrection and all that He's done for us all.
No comments:
Post a Comment