"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Sunday, February 14th--We had a GREAT Valentine's weekend! The night before, Nate and I dropped the chillins off at Bret & Marissa's house and then we were off for a wonderful date night. First we went to a movie. We saw "Sherlock Holmes" and loved it. From there we were off to find the impossible, a restaurant without a 1 1/2 hour wait! We actually got lucky when we passed a Chili's and I noticed no one was in the lobby waiting. Nate pulled us in to their parking lot and we were delighted to find only a 5 minute wait! WAHOO! Chili's was perfect, everything was delicious and we ended our yummy steak and taters dinner with a white chocolate molten lava cake. Heavenly!
Valentine's Day we got the kids a few little gifts. The day before we went to the Disney store andeach of them picked out some figurine sets. Elise picked out "Bambi" and Brady "Wall-E". We also got them some treats and bubbles. And since we were at the mall, I stopped into my favorite chocolate shop, Kara Chocolates, to get their most-amazing mint chocolate truffles. As Valentine's gifts, Nate and I have a tradition of buying season tickets for Desert Star Theater but Nate also got me some beautiful pink roses and Brady got me a balloon. Elise made some very cute home-made cards. For dinner, I told Nate he could pick whatever he wanted and I would make it. He chose a roast and mashed taters. It all turned out great!
Valentine's night, Brady's "girlfriend" Kerri-berry dropped by to deliver him a special Valentine. He had brought Kerri a HUGE soft stuffed caterpillar a few days before. Brady was pretty excited about his Valentine from her!
What a WONDERFUL Valentine's! I'm so thankful for my special Valentines!

No comments: