Monday, January 28th--Elise has been working hard to win the school reading contest. The overall school winner gets a day spent with a Utah Jazz basketball player. Pony Express Elementary wins every year and I'm sure this year will be no exception. Each week students read as many minutes as
they can and then turn in their minutes. There is a top reader for each grade. The winner of the week gets to wear a Jazz jersey the whole week and also gets a certificate. Elise won the first week and proudly wore her Jazz jersey ALL week (sorry, I spaced getting a pic!). She continues to read but hasn't been as diligent as the first week. She said the jersey seems "boy-ish" but I told her to still try and go for it. Her friend and neighbor, Adeline, is also competing and looking like she may be in the lead as well. We're rooting for both girls!The student that wins the most minutes, in their grade, gets to
Good luck Elise!

No comments:
Post a Comment