"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Party for Baby Chandler!

Saturday, February 20th--Baby Chandler is not quite born yet (4 weeks to go!) but we threw a baby shower for him and, WOW, did he make out! This little guy will have clothes GALORE, toys GALORE and everything else GALORE! Chandler is due to be born to Carly & Nathan Bates. Carly is my cousin and she's about to make her parents, Alan & Manya, first-time grandparents! Of course, they are MUCHO excited and this kid is already proving to be quite spoiled--since that's what first-time grandparents do! Uncle Alan is already dreaming of the time he can get "Lord Chandler" (as he calls him) on a little motor-bike. I couldn't help but hint to Carly to take grandpa along to Toys R Us when Chandler is old enough to want a little kid-sized Escalade! Yep, I'm full of great ideas! he he he
As most baby showers go, we had lunch, yummy white chocolate fountain, cakes courtesy of Carly, and my, favorite bakery, Dippidee, and games. We discovered you can make A LOT of words from "Chandler", including "nerd"........hmmmm........he he he. Then it was present opening time. Like I said above, he got lots of things. He got a lot of trendy looking outfits--we want this little guy to be looking quite schnazzy! As with my own kids, I LOVE baby shoes so Chandy got some shoes to match his trendy outfit. Yeah, shoes make no sense with a little baby but they are just so darn cute! I went overboard on shoes with Elise and Brady but really enjoyed it and it looks like Carly is planning to do the same......awesome!
It was so nice to be able to visit with my other cousins and aunts too, as well as my sis, Alishia and niece, Sammy. Elise dressed in a purple dress for the occassion, something from her dress-up chest so she was looking quite fancy.
As for Nate and I and our baby making process.....I went in for a check-up and the doctors opinion is that Nate and I both need some testing done to see what's going on. Starting with Nate we're going to figure things out and then go from there. Hopefully it's a simple fix. Time will tell! Shopping for baby Chandler just made me hunger even more for a baby!







No comments: