
Saturday (afternoon), June 26th--Our Stake youth are getting ready to go on Trek. Trek is basically a re-enactment of a small part of the Mormon Trail. The youth go with adults and spend a few days in the

miserable heat, wearing pioneer outfits, pulling handcarts on a rough, rugged trail. Sounds pretty crazy, eh? And yet, I'm totally jealous! I would LOVE to be asked to help with Trek! Anyhoo, the Stake set-up this "training" day for the youth to come and learn some handy things that might be helpful for Trek--it was called "Iowa City". In the afternoon it was open for families to come. We had a great time going from station to station learning how to make arrow-heads, riding in a handcart and roping a calf. A few people brought their full-size teepee's. It was so incredible to walk in one and see kind of how they work. It was well done and I hope they will do it again

!
No comments:
Post a Comment