"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thanks, But No Thanks!

Monday, July 19th--We had our annual maintenance of the AC unit today. Same Day Heating and Air came and did a great job servicing the unit and making sure we were okay for another year. However, the service guy forgot a little something that's, oh, I don't know.......RATHER IMPORTANT! Perhaps, next time he'll remember that when flushing out the AC unit with a hose, he should turn the water COMPLETELY OFF before leaving. Yeah, that's right, he freakin' flooded our basement! I guess since we haven't had a good basement floodin' in the last year that it was time. NOT! We have dealt with more basement floodings than I can count thanks to neighbors, rain and the stupid home builder that didn't bother to pack the dirt around the window wells. It's expensive, folks! We finished our basement to enjoy it, not to worry about it flooding all the time! Every time it happens the carpet pad has to be replaced, the carpet cleaned and we pray no mold builds up behind the drywall (note I said DRYwall!).
Brady just happened to be making his daily inspection for mice in the window wells when he discovered the water in my massage room. It's a room that doesn't get used very often, it's in the back corner of the basement and so we don't go down there very often. Had he not been the OCD child he is and just had to do his daily inspection, we wouldn't have noticed it till it was really bad. Luckily, it was a day Nate works from home. As it was, when Nate saw it, there was already almost 2 feet of water in the well! The water came into the room, drenched the carpet and destroyed several items I had on a bench next to the window. I grabbed a camera and took pics while Nate and our neighbor, Justin, got most of the water out. Angry, am I? BEYOND!
Same Day took responsibility and sent an emergency service that came a few hours later. The guy pulled up the pad and put a de-humidifier in the room. I hope they don't think that's all they have to do because they are going to pay for the items that were destroyed too! The tech that came to service the AC called and apologized.....twice! I'm guessin' someone is not too happy with him right now......besides me!
I assume there will come a day when we can laugh about all the basement floodings......but today is not that day!

No comments: