"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Elise's Last Day of School

Thursday, May 27th--Actually, the last day of school is tomorrow but we'll be camping. I sent Elise off to school with a gift for Mrs. Simpson. Just as with Brady's teacher, I got her a Willow Tree figurine. Elise picked it out and I think it was perfect for Mrs. Simpson. I forgot to bring my camera for the last day of school pic so the pic you see if of the first day of school. Mrs. Simpson has been an amazing teacher! She's patient, genuinely kind and just an all-around nice person. I volunteered quite a bit this year and found that every time I came in to the classroom she had the kids under control and listening attentively. I could tell the kids truly respected and loved her. Elise did so well this year. I am really proud of her! Every week there was a spelling test--there were 20 words in all, 5 of the words were difficult and counted as extra credit. She missed a total of 3 words the entire year! Needless to say, she's a great speller! She also did well in math (no surprise there since her dad is an accountant!) and just about every subject. Way to go, Elise! Next is 3rd grade!

No comments: