"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Eve

(Evening) Friday, Christmas Eve, December 24th--We did the Armstrong family tradition of having pizza for our Christmas Eve dinner. Nate was in pizza heaven--we ordered from a local pizza place that makes really good pizza. After dinner the kids got to open their traditional Christmas Eve presents, which are pajamas. This year we also let them open their gifts from each other. Elise got Brady a remote control car and Brady got Elise a bumble bee Pillow Pet she'd been wanting. They were both quite happy with their gifts and love their new pajamas they got to wear for the night. Nate opened a gift from me. I was really excited about him opening his gift on Christmas Eve so it wouldn't get lost in all the madness of Christmas morning. Nate is a HUGE Stephen King fan so I found this amazing book at Barnes & Noble that is full of fun and interesting facts about him throughout the years. He really liked it! I opened a gift from Elise. She had made an adorable picture cube I can put on my dresser. She picked 6 different photos of our family during this year and then had them made into the picture cube. I really love it! Papa also had another craft project for the kids to do. He bought two kits for them to put together using a hammer and nails. He got Elise a house and the roof opens up and Brady got a pirate ship. He even got them safety goggles! They loved putting those kits together with him!The kids were pretty wired but we finally got them to bed around 9:30 pm. I ended up sleeping in the living room on a recliner. Elise started a cold on Tuesday and I had to keep the vaporizer going all night so she could sleep. No fun but at least she got a good nights sleep!

No comments: