Saturday, December 4th--I gotta admit, we live in a great town! It's small and very family orientated. While I have a few gripes, most things about Eagle Mountain I really appreciate and have come to love. Every year Santa comes riding on a firetruck to greet all the children waiting outside for him while his helpers throw candy. It's a fun event my kids look forward to every year. Santa literally drives through just about every street in Eagle Mountain. I can't even

imagine how long that would take in a town of over 10,000 peeps! All the city can say is that he starts at 8:00 am and will not stop till he's done. That leaves a lot of time waiting around

wondering when he'll hit our street up. This year the weather was great so Brady and Elise played outside with other neighborhood friends, making it an even better day! I wasn't feeling so great so Nate stayed outside to watch them and wait for Santa. I decided to take a super long shower hoping it would help--it did, a little, enough that I went outside sporting a lovely towel wrapped

around my wet hair! Around 11:00 am we heard the sirens and watched him round our little street. The kids jumped up and down, waving and cheering him on. His helpers threw out bags of taffy and then Santa moved onto another street--no stopping, can you blame him with all those streets?!?! It's always a fast moment with Santa but the kids love it and I'm glad our town provides it for us. The event is always at the first of December. I think it certainly contributes to getting my family in the Christmas spirit!
No comments:
Post a Comment