
Sunday, December 26th--We had planned on leaving Tuesday, the 28th. We even made plans for Monday to go see a movie and have lunch. When we checked the weather forecast Sunday afternoon, we realized if we left on Tuesday we'd be hit with two major snowstorms, one in Oregon, the other in Utah. In order to get ahead of them we had to leave Monday. It made us all sad, especially Nana and Papa but we knew it was for the best. While Nate and I went over to visit some friends and have dinner, Brady and Elise stayed back with Nana and Papa and worked on their last project. Papa had got some little treasure boxes and paint and the kids got to paint them. They did a great job and had fun too. We had a great time at our friends, Jeff & Donnas house. Jeffs mom, Barb, came over too. She's like a 2nd mom to me and cooks just as good. All 3 of them made a delicious dinner (Has anyone ever had Bavarian roast? WOW, it's yummy!). It was so much fun to chat and talk about old times and fun memories. It all went by too fast and soon it was time for us to head back to get busy packing and getting things ready for the drive in the morning. It was hard to leave and to leave my parents house. Our time in Washington seemed so short and we didn't do everything we would have liked to have done. I was especially sad. Afterall, this is my home state, where I grew up and where my heart still seems to be. It rained almost everyday we've been here and I didn't care a bit. It's been 2 1/2 years since we were here visiting and I realize now why it's been so long.....it's just too hard to leave and my heart is already breaking. I'm so glad we got to come here for Christmas, we haven't been here for Christmas since 2003. I will miss it terribly but am thankful for the time we spent with family and old friends. It truly was a wonderful Christmas, one to always be remembered with fondness and smiles!
2 comments:
Looks like a great Christmas! So glad you were able to go home for it!
Oh, I forgot about Blogs until recently again, but we had so much fun visiting with you two. I do wish we all lived nearby eachother again. Someday maybe?
Post a Comment