"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Blog Books

November-December, 2010 & January, 2011--I am SOOOOO proud of these books! These blog books are basically 3 years of family journals for our family. I decided to get them printed to have so anyone can sit down and read them. I started working on 2008 quite a while ago and then life got busy and I didn't work on it. I started back up in November and finished it in no time. The other two, 2009 and 2010 were so easy and went fast, thanks to the blog publisher website improving their software. These books are small, 7X7, but the cost difference to upgrade the size is pretty steep. I was happy to find the font is not too small nor are the pictures. Each month I got one printed--they aren't cheap so I had to budget in the cost.
Now I'm working on digital scrapbooks for the years 2003-2010. I've got some of these years completed and printed but I still have a long way to go. It's been fun remembering and surprising that I do remember so much. We had a 35mm camera for the years 1999-2002, so we have a lot of pictures to scan before I begin on those. I'm really enjoying it and finding I have free time a few days a week to work on them while the kids are at school. No more excuses!
I wish I was into scrapbooking. I tried it for a long time, bought all the cute paper and cute-sy little things to glue onto the paper, plus many different kinds of fancy scissors and such. But, it's just not for me. If I could afford to pay someone to do it for me, I gladly would because I've seen some scrapbooks that are so gorgeous. My MIL scrapbooks and has done so for many years. She does a great job and helped me get started. For me it's about time-management. It would take me 1 1/2 hours to do 3 or 4 pages of scrapbooking, not to mention all the planning out of the pages. For digital scrapbooking I pick a backround, pick a template, drag my photos, type in some captions and voila!, the page is done. It takes 5-10 minutes tops. Sometimes I buy stickers to enhance the page a little. I wish I had the patience to sit down and scrapbook---I admire those that do!

2 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

I need to turn my blog into books. I always say I'm going to do it, but I never do. Someday...someday.

Hillcrest 4th Ward Emergency Preparedness said...

THAT is an AWESOME idea! Maybe if I can make myself blog regularly that would work for us too!