
Monday, January 10th--Some of our neighbors decided to go to Family Skate Night at a local skating rink so we thought we'd go too and enjoy a fun night with them. I gotta admit, when I was younge

r I was pretty awesome at skating. I could skate backwards and do all sorts of tricks without any worry of falling or getting hurt. Call me the Roller Boogie Queen! Well.....apparently skating is not like riding a bike. I rented some old school 4-wheelers and slowly walked to the floor. I got on the floor and about fell right then and there on my back end. I started slowly progressing and over and over again I almost fell. It was so pathetic I actually "borrowed" one of my friends baby and his stroller to hang on to while I skated around the rink. It actually kind of upset me, knowing how good I use to be. I went around 5 or 6 times and I was done. I'm thinking it's

time to get some roller blades and start practicing around the neighborhood.....at night....so no one can see me......fall on my rump!
Anyhoo, we had a great time visiting, eating dinner and watching all the kids and some adults that showed their awesome skating/rollerblading

skills. Razors are allowed so Brady & Elise took theirs. It worked out perfectly! We rented skates for Elise and she needed a support system to get around but she seemed to enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment