"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday Brady-Bear!

Tuesday, January 11th--Six-years-old!!! Brady is high energy and full of character. I swear he needs an agent--he's so entertaining! He continues to amaze us with his talents and how smart and witty he is. There is never a dull moment with this kid, including some random thoughts he has no problem sharing. Usually these random thoughts have us laughing and wondering where the heck he comes up with these things! He's also quite tender-hearted when he wants to be and still loves to snuggle--something I treasure.
Brady has afternoon Kindergarten so I let him pick a place for lunch and we were off. First, we went to Smiths and he picked out 3 mylar balloons and a bright blue cupcake for after lunch. Then he wanted Arctic Circle chicken rings so we went there. He and I came home and ate lunch then it was time to dig into his cupcake. I was worried we wouldn't be able to blow out candles at his birthday dinner so I got some candles and sang to him, then he made a wish and blew out the candles. I loved our one-on-one time together, celebrating his special day.
For dinner we let Brady choose a place for us to meet up with Nate's family. Brady chose Sweet Tomatos--a soup, salad, bread buffet. It's a family favorite and a place our kids actually eat many of the items. We found great coupons on-line, which helped a lot with the cost. Everyone filled up on delicious food and we brought in a cake from Sams Club. Not surprisingly at all, Brady chose Spongebob Squarepants for his cake. Like I said, I worried if we would be able to light candles or not. Fortunately, it was okay and Brady got to make another wish. The cake was quite yummy! Brady got some fun gifts from family. He's been asking for walkie-talkies for a little while and got them from Aunt Jenny and Aunt Wendy. They included batteries so we opened them up. Brady and his cousins went crazy roaming the restaurant, listening and talking to each other on the walkie-talkies. We had to round them up when they got a little too carried away. It was a great evening celebrating! Nate met us there so he drove home with Brady and I drove home with Elise. Each of them took a walkie-talkie and were able to talk to each other for quite a while as we made our way home. It was fun to hear them talk to each other!
When we got home Brady opened the gifts from us. Nate got him "Despicable Me", complete with a blow-up minion. We also got him some mini skateboards, sticker book, puzzles, pajamas and a Spongebob Squarepants blanket and pillow. He loved it all! It was a great day and I know Brady enjoyed it too!
The next Sunday, we had my sister, Alishia, and her family over for some home-made lasagna and a second birthday celebration. We had a great time and Brady loved opening more presents! He still likes to remind Nate and I that Elise got to celebrate her 8th birthday in Disneyland and now it's only 2 years away when he'll turn 8. Nate and I just look at each other and laugh and then tell him what we always tell him, "We'll see!"

No comments: