"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Happy 8th Anniversary!

March 10, 2008--WOW! It's been 8 years since we were married in the Salt Lake Temple. Much of the day was a typical Monday but in the evening we dropped the kids off at grandpa & grandma's house and then headed out to dinner. The restaurant wasn't the best of "romantic settings" (Applebee's) but the food was great and the company fantastic. It was fun reflecting back on when we dated and became engaged, then our special wedding day. We both had a hard time trying to figure out what the other would like as a present so we skipped that part and exchanged cards. Nate, as usual, picked out a romantic card and then wrote down some very touching comments to me. I did the same for him. It was a great evening and the kids had a lot of fun at their grandparents house--two of their cousins came over to play with them, a bonus!
Nathan, you are my bestest friend--ever--and I'm so glad we found each other and decided to spend our lives together. You have given me the kind of love I never felt I deserved. I've never known another man that treated his wife and children any better than you treat us. You are an amazing father! Our children are blessed beyond words to have you in their lives and I feel the same as your wife. Thank you for just being you! I love you!

No comments: