"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Elise and Cameron!





March 16th--Elise's birthday isn't for another week but her birthday is close to her cousin, Cameron's, birthday so we decided it would be best to combine the two. This party was for all the Armstrong family and we had a great time. Cameron turns 14 on March 18th and Elise turns 6 on March 24th. Nate was more than happy to set-up the BBQ, for the first time this year, and cook hot dogs and chicken breasts. They were yummy! We had lots of great food and finished up with a delicious cake (courtesy of that wonderful place called Costco!). I bought "trick" candles, just for laughs. Cameron and Elise had a good chuckle trying to blow them out. The room got pretty smokey too! We're so blessed to have family close by and to be able to celebrate birthdays together. Perhaps I cherish it a little more since I grew up without any family around us. All of our extended family lived 1000 miles away. Mom and dad still did the best they could to make it special for us kids though, and I'm thankful for that.
As for Elise's actual birth date, she's having a small "friends" party. And she might just be getting a little something called a bike. Look out, all you kids on the sidewalks!

1 comment:

Marissa said...

I was so sad to have missed it. I'm glad everyone else was able to make it and make the day special for Elise and Cameron