WOW! What an accomplishment. In a day and age where the divorce rate has now exceeded 50% it is amazing that two people can committ to share their lives together and make it last for 40 years, and beyond. My mother and father-in-law, Dan & Rosemary Armstrong, celebrated 40 years on June 7th. They've made it through good times and bad and still have a relationship worth admiring (and maybe a little envy there too!).
I pray that Nate and I have what it takes to make it. I think we're on the right path as we work out the kinks along the way.
Saturday night their family threw them a big bash. We had a great time setting up and being able to visit. We made it a surprise for them and I think they really loved every second of it. We invited long-time friends and family. We put on a yummy spread of snack foods and cake. 
Rosemary's sister, Judy, was so happy to provide the decorations and she did a fabulous job. I was so amazed at everything she brought, it was beautiful and perfect for a couple so deserving of the honor.
We planned on having some dancing but the "dance floor" ended up being great play area for the kids. They had lots of fun running around and spending time with each other. Dan and Rosemary were having a great time chatting with everyone so it didn't matter we didn't dance. Bret took some time to play the piano and did a great job. He played some Yanni and music from some popular movies. I enjoyed hearing him play and appreciate his talents. We put up a fun display of original wedding and family photos. I think everyone had a good time looking at them.
What a great night! And I spent a lot of it with my own sweetheart, chatting and laughing and enjoying each others company--I guess that's a good sign!
Congratulations, Dan and Rosemary, for 40 years of making it work! You are examples to many and I love you both!

No comments:
Post a Comment