Alrighty then, Nate took the chillin's to a whatever-they're-called baseball game on Monday night. Along for the fun was grandpa, grandpa, Aunt Wendy, Aunt Jenny and cousins, Quinn and Kayla. Sadly, and I truly mean that, I couldn't go because I had to work. Honestly, I enjoyed the quiet time, once I got home, but I would have loved to go to a baseball game with my family too. I made good use of my time. I went grocery shopping........alone! What a difference going without kids! I was in and out, with a cart full of groceries, in 20 minutes. Incredible time! I even took time to go through areas my kids never let me spend time in. I stopped at the Artic Circle and ordered a yummy burger combo and then on my way home. I unloaded the groceries, put them all away and then sat down to eat my tasty dinner while taking a rare opportunity to watch a chick flick.......in total silence. Ahhhhhhhh This beats a Spa treatment any time, in my
book.
So back to the game, the kids have a wonderful time with their cousins, aunts and grandparents. They got to ride the train around the baseball field and go through a pirate maze. I highly doubt any of their time was spent actually watching the game. Around the 7th inning the kids were getting cranky. The home team was losing so the gang decided to pack up and leave. Elise and Brady always LOVE the Trax ride to and from our Salt Lake destinations. They got home around 10:00 pm and I was glad to see them and help Nate put the kids to bed. Once the kids were in bed Nate ran to
the computer to check the score. The home team actually caught up and won the game! Nate was kind of bummed, knowing they won, to leave early but also glad to be home. He said they had a great time! And, even though I wanted to go with my family, the alone time was very, very nice. I think I needed it more than I thought.

1 comment:
Jared's Mom is a huge baseball fan..she loves to go to the games, me on the other hand..maybe one a year because it is not my favorite! SOunds like you had a fun night alone, sometimes you just need that!
Post a Comment