"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Kids Are So Thoughtful!

Friday, June 6th--I realize I'm back-tracking a little, but I forgot to include this and it means enough to me that I wanted to share it. These pics are from a little note Elise wrote to me not too long ago. If it's hard to read, it says: "From Elise, When my mom is sad, she will be unsad if she looks at this picture." Below it is an adorable little puppy she drew. I have this note on my dresser in between 2 little, fluffy teddy bears. I look at it everyday but today was a day I really needed it and she sensed that and even took the time to remind me of it. There's no need to go into why I needed the reminder but I'm sure glad she did. I'm so thankful for Elise, and Brady too, and that she can be in tune to my needs as much as I am of hers. I'm very blessed. Just like most moms, I gripe with the best of 'em but it's these little tender mercies that make the journey so worthwhile. I love you so much Elise & Brady. I'm so glad you both know that and understand my love for you, just like I understand and know both of your great love for me.

No comments: