We rented a trailer again and were glad to have done so. This year we got a hybrid camper---it's a cross between a tent trailer and regular hard-shelled trailer.
The trailer had a full bathroom, kitchen/cooking area and a U-shaped couch with a fold down table. My sister, Alishia, made the reservations for two sites with FULL hook-ups, a true treat! Because of the full hook-ups we were able to run the A/C everyday and enjoy a break from the heat. There were two beds. Nate took one with Brady and I took the other with Elise. Nate, being a
little more tolerant than I, braved all four nights sleeping with a very clingy Brady. After one night of sleeping with a very clingy Elise, I couldn't take the lack of sleep another night so she got moved to the couch the other three nights and seem to do quite well.
The first day was spent getting settled in and figuring out all the camper had to provide us. We discovered the many mosquitos took a liking to Nate, me, and Elise. We were getting bit all over the place! Poor Elise, along with all the bug bites she had terrible allergies up there. I tried to make her feel a little better by telling her the bugs liked her so much because she's so sweet. Her comment to that was, "Well I don't mind them biting me but I don't like that the bites make me itch so much!" Brady, quite surprisingly, must have one benefit to having Type 1 Diabetes. The bugs didn't bite him! He walked away from this trip with no bug bites. I was so shocked and amazed! We coated the kids, and ourselves, with bug spray 3 or 4 times a day but they still bit us.
For the rest of our camping trip we mostly hung around the campsite to rest and relax. We took a few trips to town for groceries and to look at some of the fun shops, along with a stop to a really yummy malt shop. We enjoyed visiting with Alishia and Shad. Brady and Elise loved playing with Samantha. Jacob, well, he enjoyed playing video games in the camper,
most the time. I'm glad we were able to go and we'll plan to do so again next year. I think we'll stick to going Memorial Day weekend from now on.

2 comments:
what a fun family trip. Makes me miss Utah. You are so good at the blogging thing. Reminds me to update mine. Where does the time go.
what a fun family trip. Makes me miss Utah. You are so good at the blogging thing. Reminds me to update mine. Where does the time go.
Post a Comment